Launched in 2017 the #MultiCultCo (Successful Multicultural Company competition) aims to recognise organisations that have:
- succeeded in multiculturalism
- embraced a diverse workforce
- recognised the benefits of multiculturalism and diversity
- encouraged employers and companies to expand their multicultural management skills
The participating companies were divided into three size-based categories:
- less than 50 employees
- 50 – 250 employees
- over 250 employee
The winners were awarded at a special gala held in Helsinki last October. In addition to the three winners, one company was awarded an honourable mention for its approach to multiculturalism and diversity in the workplace.
In the final of our series of interviews with the winning companies, Hanna Puura, Head of People Operations at BlueFors Cryogenics Ltd., receiver of the “honourable mention” explains:
- why they took part in the competition
- how they can use the cultural insights to inform the development of their company culture
- some strategies for finding the best talent in Finland
The #MultiCultCo was organised by the Finland Chamber of Commerce, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland and Hofstede Insights as part of the Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce’s COME project.
More information: Chamber of Multicultural Enterprises (COME)