Launched in 2017 the #MultiCultCo (Successful Multicultural Company competition) aims to recognise organisations that have:
- succeeded in multiculturalism
- embraced a diverse workforce
- recognised the benefits of multiculturalism and diversity,
- encouraged employers and companies to expand their multicultural management skills.
The participating companies were divided into three size-based categories:
- less than 50 employees
- 50 - 250 employees
- over 250 employee
The winners were awarded at a special gala held in Helsinki last October. In addition to the three winners, one company was awarded an honourable mention for its approach to multiculturalism and diversity in the workplace.
In this, the first of a series of interviews with the winning companies, Evon Söderlund, CEO of Huone Events Hotel, winner of the “less than 50 employees” category, explains
- why they took part in the Successful Multicultural Company competition,
- their approach to multiculturalism in the workforce,
- how the organisational culture measurements helped them to spot areas for improvement despite their strongly inclusive culture,
- and how to leverage multiculturalism in modern society.
The #MultiCultCo was organised by the Finland Chamber of Commerce, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment of Finland and Hofstede Insights as part of the Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce's COME project.
More information: Chamber of Multicultural Enterprises (COME)